We’ve tried to make our Advertising Policy as simple and straightforward as possible, but please read this carefully. This policy aims to ensure sustainable success of business partners by protecting Path community as fun and hassle-free space. Please be respectful to Path community. We want you to be able to express your creativity for your success!
The Advertising Policy governs and applies to your access and use of www.path.com and other websites operated by Path Mobile Inc Pte. Ltd. (“Path”, “we” or “us”) on which a link to the Advertising Policy is posted (“Site”) and Path’s mobile apps in which the Advertising Policy is made available (collectively, “Apps”). The Site and the Apps are collectively referred to as the “Service.”
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
The Services are offered by Path Mobile Inc Pte. Ltd., located at 1 Raffles Place, #20- 01 One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616. Please contact us if you have any questions about our Terms. You may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
This Advertising Policy applies to all relevant advertisements (or “ads”) and commercial content relating to the Service, including but not limited to all advertisements and commercial content (a) purchased through the Service; (b) posted on the Site; and (c) that appear within apps (including the Apps) of the Service.
As an advertiser, you are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your Service account.
You are fully responsible for any ads or content posted or contributed by you on the Site or Apps. In the event Path suffers any liability or damages due to such ads or content posted or contributed by you which violate this Advertising Policy, including where such ads or content result in any infringement claims against Path, you shall indemnify and hold harmless Path and/or its affiliates from any such liability and damage.
All content must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards of applicable jurisdictions. Please also ensure that you have read our Path Ads Creative Guideline before you post any ads or content on the Site or on our Apps. All ads and content must comply with the guideline.
You must be mindful of your audience when posting any ads or content. All ads and content must be relevant to its audience and should not contain any inappropriate content. The company, brand, product or service being advertised must be clearly represented in the ad and there should be no misleading content or any content that causes confusion.
If your ad promoting any company, brand, product or service has hyperlinks to other landing pages, such pages should be appropriate and should relate to the company, brand, product or service being promoted. In particular, you should also ensure that such pages should not contain any content that infringes this Advertising Policy.
Ads should not promote:
- Prescription drugs;
- Tobacco products or related paraphernalia;
- Alcoholic beverages (more than or equal to 1% ethanol content);
- Weapons, ammunitions, or explosives; and/or any unsafe instruments, as determined by Path in its sole discretion;
- Games and lotteries, the conduct of which is an offence under applicable jurisdictions unless exempted accordingly;
- Horse-racing analyses, commentaries or tips, or for the purpose of gambling or betting;
- Astrology, geomancy, palmistry or any other type of fortune-telling device;
- Solicitation of prostitution or for any other immoral activities;
- Any professional advice, or specialist consultancy service, unless permitted by law;
- Any unacceptable or unlawful sound recordings or films or video recordings;
- Where targeted to minors, products, services, or content that is inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploits, misleads, or exerts undue pressure on the age groups targeted;
- Any products, services or activities, which constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal
Ads contents should not include:
- Content that infringes any rights of Path, whether such rights are contractual or statutory;
- Content that infringes any rights of any third party, including any intellectual property rights, privacy rights and/or other proprietary rights;
- Content that is disrespectful, sensational, shocking, or that causes fear or distress;
- Content that is false, misleading or deceptive, or anything that may amount to an unfair practice or is contrary to any applicable consumer protection laws, including any unexpected or unlikely results in respect of any promoted product or service;
- Contents that contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Content that promotes any religious, ethnic, racial, political or superstitious beliefs, or other sensitive matters including sexual orientation or practices, gender differences, criminal records, medical history or condition, financial records or status, physical or mental disabilities,
- Content that contains obscenities whether by images (or other media) or by text;
- Content that is objectionable on the grounds of public interest, public morality, public order, public security, national harmony, or is otherwise prohibited by applicable laws. In determining what constitutes “prohibited material”, the following will be taken into account:
- Whether the material depicts nudity or genitalia in a manner calculated to titillate;
- Whether the material promotes sexual violence or sexual activity involving coercion or non-consent of any kind;
- Whether the material depicts a person or persons clearly engaged in explicit sexual activity;
- Whether the material depicts a person whis, or appears to be, under 16 years of age in sexual activity, in a sexually provocative manner or in any other offensive manner;
- Whether the material depicts or promotes incest, pedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia;
- Whether the material depicts detailed or relished acts of extreme violence or cruelty; and
- Whether the material glorifies, incites or endorses ethnic, racial or religious hatred, strife or intolerance.
- Content that portrays unsafe practices, including misrepresenting any legally required safety measures or the advertising of products by children only where adult supervision is required;
- Content that contains any malware, spyware, Trojan horses, bots or such other malicious software which interferes with the user's experience of the Site or Apps;
- Content with hyperlinks to websites or pages which do not relate to the company, brand, product or service advertised including sites which contain any malicious software as described above.
USE OF PATH BRAND ASSET
Any use of Path's intellectual property rights such as our copyright, trademarks, branding or brand names must comply with the Path Brand Usage Guideline. Any requirements set out in this Advertising Policy are in addition to the requirements in the Path Brand Usage Guideline.
If your ad has a link to our Site or Apps, you are permitted to refer to the Path brand for such purposes of indicating the relevant destination of the link.
Any ads or content shall not indicate or imply any endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Path, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Path.
DATA USE RESTRICTIONS
You are at all times responsible for any data that you collect based on your ads or content placed on the Site or Apps. This includes any personal data, anonymous data, aggregated data or such other advertising data ("Path advertising data"). You agree that it is essential that such Path advertising data be kept confidential and secure. You shall protect such Path advertising data responsibly and only share it responsibly (e.g. with your service provider for legitimate purposes). If you share such Path advertising data with any third party, you agree to ensure that such third party shall use the Path advertising data for legitimate purposes and shall accord the same or a higher level of protection to such Path advertising data. At all times, you agree that all Path advertising data should not be disclosed to any advertising networks or exchanges, any advertising or monetization related services, and/or any data brokers.
You should ensure that all Path advertising data is aggregated and anonymized prior to any use. Legitimate uses of Path advertising data include conducting feasibility studies of advertising campaigns, or assessing the effectiveness of your ads or content on the Site or Apps. At all times, you should ensure that the Path advertising data remains aggregated and anonymized and shall not be identified or linked to any unique identifier such as any particular user or device.
Path advertising data should not be re-used for other campaigns or commingled with other data for other purposes. Your use of Path advertising data should only be for purposes of your advertising campaigns on the Site or Apps.
If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate accounts. You should set up a new account for each advertiser or client and you must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with this Advertising Policy.
PERSONAL DATA USAGE
POLICY SUBJECT TO CHANGE
This Advertising Policy is subject to change at any time without notice. Any continued use of our Service upon any updates to this Advertising Policy shall indicate your acceptance of such updates. The updated Advertising Policy shall be legally binding upon such continued use of our Service.
Last Updated: November 16, 2016